Friday, April 4, 2014

Poetry Blog

      Poetry Blog

Shel Silverstein was born on September 25th,1930.He died on May 10th,1999.He was born in Chicago,IL.Shel Silverstein had the great desire to be popular among women. He also wanted to be a sportsman. Since both things were not working out, he began writing about himself and the experiences surrounding him. These influenced his writing. These became very popular.To Interesting Facts are,he had 2 children and lost his daughter.

Bear In There


The message he is trying to get across is their are animals all around us.The reason this poem stuck out to me is barbecue the poem reminds me of polar bears and that reminds of my cousin and I playing in the snow.Like I said I relate to the poem because of  my cousin and I playing in the snow.This poet is happy there is a polar bear in his fridge.

The Rhyme Scheme of this poem is A,A,A,B,C,D,C,E,F,G,F,H,H,A,A,A,A.One example of Alliteration is Bear and There.One example of Personification is none.The repetition is when he repeats bear,there and Fridgitydaire. Lastly the style of the poem is a free verse.

I hope you all enjoyed this all I challenge you all to check out more of his poems there will be a link to the poems.http://www.shelsilverstein.com/books/#animations

No comments:

Post a Comment